I know a lot of you out there want to get in shape and you want to work out. The problem is you hate your workout but don’t know what else to do. it’s a very common problem and I want to see if I can help you out. The reason you might be bored with it could be that you need to change up the style of your workout. It just might not fit what you want to do. It could also be the intensity that your working out or the duration of the workout. It could be the environment.
One of the most common mistakes I see is people doing the same workout over and over again. Some people do the same workout every day, all year round. No wonder your board. Who wouldn’t be? What you need to do is change up your workouts and here is why.
1. Your body will adjust to your workout. Once this happens it is really hard to get results and you risk plateau.
2. You will get bored with it. If your bored your not going to be happy with the workout and might quit. Or if your bored with it you wont like the results that your getting and quit. Either way it ends up not being what you want.
If this sounds like you and your workout situation there are several things you can do. As a personal trainer I want to help you overcome these obstacles and get you on the road to your personal goals. Here are several tips to help you change it up.
1. Call a professional fitness trainer and see if they can help you. See what they have to offer.
2. Change the music up on your Ipod/MP3 player/ Walkman (just kidding nobody has a walkman anymore)
3. Switch up your reps, add more or less depending on what your doing now. Also change your grips.
4. Do nothing but body weight exercises for a while
5. Try out a boot camp like mine for a month.
6. Mix in cardio with your strength training.
7. Look on you tube for some new exercises.
8. Switch from doing reps to time increments.
I hope that these tips helps your workout go from stinky to sweet. I hope that you can get excited about your workouts. That is going to help you get better results and to keep you on track and still working out. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me or come try out one of my classes. You never know your might get addicted to working out.